Thursday, March 1, 2012

Six. Seriously, only six.

The List, although not a very long one.

1. We all know that story. It's in chapter 6 I think.  With every bit of my heart, I meant it, every time. Every time.  Even after years, that never changed.

2. I wanted it to mean something, but it didn't. Not for her, and really not for me. I found what I was looking for with number 1.  This is one I would take back if I could.

3. I was 22 years old.  Yet again, I wanted it to mean something, but it didn't.  I felt a little cheap.

4. Meant everything to her, not enough to me to stick around.  I thought it did at the time, but in the end, it didn't.  I made a mistake, and i think she paid for it. I'll always feel remorse for that. (Luckily, a few months later she got married to someone else. I'm very happy for her!)

5. I meant it. I really meant it. Maybe she did at first, but later...she tore my heart out, broke up with me, and moved to Dixie.  I'd be okay with never seeing her again.

6. Strictly just for fun. The only time I ever did this. She is a wonderful, amazing girl.  No strings attached. It was (not surprisingly) very un-fulfilling.  I promised myself that after this, I'd never do it again; that is, I'd never kiss a girl without truly meaning it.  So, if it's something I do, it's because I really mean it.

Six. Really. Six.

Six is the number of girls I've kissed in my lifetime.  2 of them were before I turned 18, 4 were after I was 22.

This is a very exclusive group, and it might never change.   I'm pretty proud of it.  Believe me, there were lots more opportunities. This list could have been much longer.  But it's not, because that's not who I am. I kept it very exclusive, and if and when I decide to add someone to this super exclusive list, it will be because she's pretty special. After all, I'm a romantic.

An Oilfield Romantic.

1 comment:

  1. Aw you are a true romantic :)

    I kissed as many boys as I could LOL we are so similar ;)

    ReplyDelete