Saturday, March 17, 2012

Live and die on this day/Together we will live forever.

I need all of you wonderful readers to become join the site and actually "follow" the blog, this will make it easier to keep track of you all, and allow me to do some really cool things which I will explain later. 
It just takes a minute to do. Love you!

Today's post isn't a chapter, it's just something to keep you all from going intro withdrawals from needing to read something romantic. I know there are a few of you out there who have told me about your O.R. addiction. This is me "helping you out."

Today you don't have to read much. But take 5 minutes to watch the two short videos.  You were going to waste some time on Facebook or Youtube today anyway, so you might as well do it here.

These are probably two of my top 5 favorite movies ever. 


The Grey

If you haven't watched the movie yet, please don't spoil it. Go find a movie theater that still has it. 

If you have seen it, or don't plan on seeing it, watch the video.  You don't get the full effect of the buildup unless you see the rest of the movie.

If you're not an uncultured swine, you'll appreciate the poetry of the ending.
 (No offense meant to anybody).

I just now realized the intense romantic undertones of the film, and the fact that all of the characters in the film work for a huge oil company. I guess it's fitting that the video made it on the blog. 



I always thought that if my eternal companion died before me, I wouldn't have much to live for. The protagonist overcomes this, and fights to live. He has no fear of death, but fights to live.

Directed by Joe Carnahan
Score by Marc Steitenfeld



The Fountain

Three stories - one each from the past, present, and future - about men in pursuit of eternity with their love. A conquistador in Mayan country searches for the tree of life to free his captive queen; a medical researcher, working with various trees, looks for a cure that will save his dying wife; a space traveler, traveling with an aged tree encapsulated within a bubble, moves toward a dying star that's wrapped in a nebula; he seeks eternity with his love. The stories intersect and parallel; the quests fail and succeed. 



I see myself it Tommy. In Tomas. In the space traveler. 

Go rent this movie. Now.

Directed by Darren Aronofsky
Score by Clint Mansell

As I said before, the next chapter is written, but it won't be posted until we get to 2000 views. If you know anyone who enjoys reading, or is a hopeless romantic, share the love. It's what I'm all about. 

When we get to 3000, we're going to have a contest. The winner gets a very special prize: I fly to wherever you live, and I take you to dinner at one of the more expensive restaurants in your area. 

I will fly to anywhere in the United States.

If you're married or a dude reader (there are a couple), we'll work out something equally as cool. 

You have to join blogspot and follow the blog to qualify for the contest. It's not hard.

The Oilfield Romantic 

No comments:

Post a Comment