Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Denver, Denver, take me in.

I'm in Denver at the moment. I left Vernal, Utah yesterday at 12:00 noon (much later than I wanted to, but it worked out).

I made amazing time getting here, considering the trailer I'm pulling is WAY too heavy for this Ford F-150.  I pulled into Lakewood right at 5:30.

It was a beauuutiful drive through Steamboat Springs and over the mountains. I really should have taken more pictures.


16th Street Mall
 Down Town
School of Mines!


 Steamboat Springs

This sucker is so heavy.


So, I realized last night while driving around Denver, that this is my favorite city in the whole world.  I miss living here SO much.

I'm going to do everything I can to move some business down here to Colorado, just so I can live here again.  If you've never been here, you need to come see it. It's such a cool place.

I'm pretty sure that when I die, and go to heaven, it will be just like Colorado.

Denver, Denver, Take me in
Are you aware the shape I'm in?
My hands they shake, my head it spins.
Ah, Denver, Denver, Take me in.

3 comments:

  1. An Avett Brothers reference? Somebody has rubbed off on you after all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...heaven will look like Colorado. Nice Avett reference. Very fitting and now I am homesick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know that you have a couple of 'cousins' who are living in Colorado? Awesome and beautiful young ladies, Bethany and Jessica (aka Juno B Anthony). They granddaughters of my brother Chuck who died in a car accident long ago, when he was 29yo .. His wife Saundra remarried to an awesome man, Doug. Both are deceased now. Chuck's 3 kiddos are Sandy (mother of Bethany, Jessica, Rebekah, John Dodd), Rebekah, and Chuck (who passed away young also). Were you already familiar with this tidbit of family history?
    xoxox Auntie Kathryn

    ReplyDelete