Sunday, March 8, 2015

The OFR - Permian Edition

I've been meaning to get back into the writing saddle, but suffice it to say I haven't had copious amounts of time to do so.

On the other hand, I've had plenty of time to think about what I could potentially put on paper.

I NOW LIVE IN THE PERMIAN BASIN>

Today is my first legitimate day off of work in just about 60 days.

Within those 60 days, there have been countless hours of reflection, frustration, desperation, exhaustion, contemplation, and many other emotions.

At the forefront of my thoughts has been an overwhelming sense of gratitude; gratitude for the broken road that got me to where I am today, and for those I've loved along the way.

As I finally have a moment to sit down and slow my thoughts, I find myself missing my friends and family back home.  That's not to say I'm wishing I were still there, but that I deeply appreciate the lessons I learned and the experience gained side by side with them.

Teresa is 7 months along with Curious George (that's how we refer to our little boy on the way).  We are so excited to have him come along and bless our lives.  So far, he seems pretty rambunctious.  He's been keeping his momma busy with his kicks and rolls and stretches. '


I presently work for NGL Energy Partners LP, Water Solutions division.  We operate a large number of salt water disposals across Texas, Colorado, and North Dakota.  I also recently opened up a solids waste facility (mud plant) just south of the New Mexico border.  I received a substantial raise in pay upon moving to Texas, but I have more than earned it over the last couple months. We are building a couple new facilities almost every month.

Texas has some of the best BBQ in the entire world. KD's BBQ pit is definitely one of the best joints in west Texas. 
Here, they charge you by the pound for your meat.  Ya'll gotta come check this place out if you ever get a chance to come down here!




On the next post, I'll get more into the details about the interesting new relationships I've made down here, as well as some of the more important lessons I've learned thus far into my new Texas adventure.

With love,

THE OFR



No comments:

Post a Comment